Careers @ UXDX
Public Relations & Communications Manager
UXDX have a role to fill for an ambitions PR & Comms Manager to take on a part time paid internship. This person will provide PR and media support to help showcase our speakers and partners to the world's top media. You will invent unique campaigns to communicate the UXDX event to a global audience.
The role will be to sell what makes UXDX unique. It will be about setting up media partnerships and building relationships with the right people to make sure we maximise our global reach.
You'll be in charge of ensuring the media have the most up to date news and announcements. You'll ideate and distribute the most sellable/shareable content from UXDX. You'll work with the Head of Production to ensure that everything is aligned when it comes to communicating the UXDX brand to the world. This is a brand new role in our team so it is a unique opportunity to make it truly your own and grow it from the ground up.
What you'll achieve at UXDX
- You'll plan and execute a new PR strategy to deliver key objectives for the business
- You'll manage the PR campaign related to our speakers who are coming from around the world ensuring you get maximum positive coverage
- You'll be responsible for reporting on all PR campaigns to assess the return on investment.
- You'll work with the head of production to identify and help secure newsworthy moments/announcements from our partners or speakers that would be of interest to the international media attending our events.
- You'll work closely and confidently with our speakers and their comms teams advising them on how to increase their brand exposure to media.
- Build key relationships with media from a variety of markets around the world (both in main stream publication and identified industry media).
- You'll oversee and maintain an active and up to date database on excel.
The ideal personality
- You're passionate about technology and self-improvement, always keeping up to date with the latest news and trends
- You're a storyteller who is a creative, confident and articulate
- You have a love for all things that comes with building relationships, campaigns and content
- You are a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to solve unfamiliar problems
- You have an interest in Social Media ROI
- Drive and motivation is second nature to you, you love challenges and change. You strive in a collaborative environment.
- It's a team of 3, so you have to be an excellent team player mixed with the ability to focus and take accountability of your own work and productivity.
Skills and abilities that are a benefit:
- You are working on getting your Degree or Masters in PR, Journalism, Media or related subject
- Experience of working in events
- Very strong editor with an interest in telling timely stories
- Growth hacker mindset
Get in touch today
If you're the right candidate, we're flexible with the number of days each week. If you'd like to discuss in more detail, drop a note to Charlotte on [email protected]
Meet the Team
Charlotte looks after the entire production of UXDX including content research, booking world class speakers, stage production and on the day execution. Charlotte has worked for a wide variety of event organisations from Dublin City Marathon to Web Summit. Her passion is to create the best possible event for attendees and speakers and see her work come to life. Charlotte is particularly excited to organise the UXDX Community Events across 9 European cities in May and June.
An experienced and proven project manager Rory has been successfully managing multi-million euro IT projects for almost 15 years, delivering software integration projects for clients across the Aviation, Financial Services, Telecoms, Public Sector and Property industries in Ireland, Australia and the UK. Having spent 2 years in the startup space, where new ideas are more readily embraced, Rory developed a model for how enterprises can adopt the best practices of lean product development while operating within the rigid boundaries of large enterprises.
Catherine first has project managed over 60 events over the past 12 years ranging in sizes from 50 - 5,000. She is a big advocate of knowledge sharing and collaboration. Her goal is to bring forward people who are rethinking the way we develop products and work with partners who are committed to helping teams advance their product delivery. As a co-founder of UXDX, Catherine was founder of two other startups and has worked extensively in marketing promoting industry best practice.
A natural problem solver, Neil looks after the multimedia production at UXDX including email management and video production. He has studied Networking Technology in DIT and is continuing his study at ITB in Creative Digital Media. He has a passion for web development, digital marketing and brand design.