What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a highly ambitious, results-driven, self-motivated designer who wants to own and lead the brand and corporate design for our company brand - conferences, website, community and training courses. The role is key for creating a distinctive and unique identity for UXDX that communicates our key brand and messaging. You'll partner with Marketing, Training and Community team members to create a compelling vision for our audience.
Whats in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. You could join a large organisation where things move slowly and you have limited responsibilities / ability to stretch yourself or you could join UXDX and take the responsibility and ownership that you want. Be warned though that this is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
What's in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. You will be working directly with the company directors and helping to set the strategy for the company. You could stay marketing in a large organisation where things move slowly and you have limited responsibilities / ability to stretch yourself or you could join UXDX and take the responsibility and ownership that you want. Be warned though that this is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- Help guide our overall strategy through design, prototyping, and market research.
- Partner closely with marketing to communicate brand value.
- Complete the re-design of our main website with a mobile first flow
- Create a living style guide with the development team to enable the quick component creation
- Create designs for social media promotion and blog content
- Help evolve our website into a website designers would be proud of
- Assist with the stage design and venue layout
- Create unique designs to help visualise design and development concepts
- Consistency of design approach across all content
- Create a company wide style guide to communicate brand values and design approach
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
- Team work
- Work closely with our Sales, Production, Marketing, IT and Fulfillment teams.
- Strong communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience creating design systems / design portfolio that is consistent across multiple mediums
- Digital design skills including web design, content layout and illustration
- Attention to detail
- Experiment Mindset
- Everyone has an opinion - how can you prove that your design ideas are working.
- Test ideas - if they work then double down
- Ability to articulate the intent behind a design
- Interest in UX and user flow to better design website
- Open to Feedback
- If you're not based in Dublin there's a remote working opportunity - work from anywhere within Europe (we value team collaboration which means we need to be awake at the same time)
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Bali
Our key event has grown from zero to over 2,000 attendees in the last 5 years and has become the largest product event in Europe. With a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers. We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at connect at uxdxconf.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent