What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a talented individual who is up for a challenge in a growing company. You will be responsible for the core IT systems as well as getting your hands dirty in the code of our internal systems and website. You will have direct support from our technical co-founder when required but you will be given the space to demonstrate your skill and drive.
What's in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. You will be working directly with the company directors and helping to set the strategy for the company. You will get a lot more responsibility and ownership than in traditional companies, which is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work, experimenting and automating processes and approaches to save time, costs and improve delivery.
- Own the Website: our core marketing and fulfillment platform
- Information architecture - you need to be able to think through data structures to ensure a maintainable component hierarchy
- Ability to create new components as required (Our website is built in Vue and managed by a headless CMS)
- Partner closely with marketing, production and sales to deliver solutions for their needs - coming up with ideas for an easy sales funnel online
- Own our internal IT systems: our productivity engine
- Identify the best solutions for internal system management (CRM, Marketing, Sales etc.), with a strong preference for SaaS solutions
- Manage and improve our internal, bespoke, lead generation platform (NodeJS, SQL and third party SaaS solutions)
- Think through the TCO of Build versus Buy
- Ability to write lambda functions to integrate systems where necessary
- Data Interrogation
- Ability to query our contacts DB to help sales and marketing to identify segments and opportunities as required
- Data Cleansing investigation and updates
- Data pattern matching and ideation
- Always thinking of recovery (e.g. how to revert if a data update goes wrong - backups!)
- Team work
- Work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Production and Fulfillment teams.
- Strong communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- 4+ years experience as a problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of technology
- Flexible and focussed on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Experience with Analytics a bonus
- Remote working - work from anywhere within Europe/ Africa (we value team collaboration which means we need to be awake at the same time)
- Annual company working retreat - last year we went to Bali
We are changing software development. A lot of companies manage software according to 20th Century practices, with 20th Century software results. We are helping companies to shift away from projects, which deliver outputs, to product teams, who are responsible for business outcomes. We deliver this through our conferences and training offerings which provide motivating case studies from companies who have made the shift as well as the skills and knowledge required to adopt better ways of working. Our key event has grown from zero to over 1,500 attendees in four years, with a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers. We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at connect at uxdx.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent