What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a highly ambitious, results-driven, self-motivated Public Relations manager who can create the 'hook' from any story and build the relationships necessary to get them published. The role is key for increasing the awareness of the UXDX brand and driving sales for our conferences and training courses. You will work on building our press relationships with both media and communications departments within companies to promote our speakers, partners and our unique content to the world's top and niche media. Working directly with our Production, Marketing and Training teams you will play the critical role in building the awareness of the UXDX brand and framework around the globe.
What's in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to own and make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. You will be working directly with the company directors and helping to set the strategy for the company. You will get a lot more responsibility and ownership than in traditional companies, which is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work
- Team Work
- Work closely with Marketing to understand our key audience segments
- Work closely with Production to understand our speakers and their backgrounds / areas of expertise
- Work closely with Sales to understand our partners and their areas of expertise
- Work closely with Training to understand our unique research and the UXDX framework
- Research the best media / most influential blogs where our audience segments spend their time
- Research the content that gains the most traction for each segment and media property
- Ability to Write Compelling Content
- Identify and write newsworthy moments/announcements from our speakers, partners or our content that would be of interest to the identified media
- Corporate Clients Comms Team Relationship
- Working with large corporations e.g. Stripe, Slack, Spotify etc to get top level executives to speak and work on a PR strategy for promotion globally - understanding needs of companies and how we can leverage that
- Build Relationships
- Build key relationships with media from a variety of markets around the world (both mainstream publication and identified industry media)
- Build relationships with the PR departments for our speakers to take advantage of the network that these companies already have
- Execute PR Campaigns
- Manage specific PR campaigns and track the success per segment, market and content type
- Report on the effectiveness of campaigns and share insights back with the tea
Skills / Qualifications
- You're a storyteller who is a creative, confident and articulate
- You build relationships quickly and based on mutual benefit
- You can manage the details of PR campaigns and content
- A true self starter - you thrive on leading the project and executing great work
- Drive and motivation is second nature to you, you love challenges and change. You thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You're passionate about technology and self-improvement, always keeping up to date with the latest news and trends
- You are a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to solve unfamiliar problems.
- Take accountability for your work - have the initiative to overcome challenges that will aris
- Work on a positive and proactive team and company
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Bali
- Opportunity to travel with our community events
- If you're not based in Dublin, we're willing to work on a remote structure for the right individual
Our key event has grown from zero to over 2,000 attendees now going into its 5th year - with a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers - the UXDX model of tech teams working has been the key to our rapid growth. We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd to connect at uxdx.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent