What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a talented individual who is up for a challenge in a growing company. You will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the company data. You will have direct support from our technical co-founder when required but you will be given the space to demonstrate your skill and drive.
What's in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast-growing company. You will be working directly with the company directors and using the data to help inform the strategy for the company. You will get a lot more responsibility and ownership than in traditional companies, which is a double-edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work, experimentation and involve getting your hands dirty figuring out new systems and the data.
- Data Sourcing
- Identify data sources for our audience, speakers, partners and media
- Manage and improve our internal, bespoke, lead generation platform (NodeJS, SQL and third party SaaS solutions)
- Managing the corporate analytics tracking across different sites to quantify the effectiveness of marketing and sales experiments
- Data Structure
- Defining the internal data structure for the different data sources
- Managing the 'freshness' of the data / ability to isolate data by freshness
- Assist with the Information architecture design for our website
- Assist with the integration design between systems
- Data Interrogation
- Ability to query our contacts DB to help sales and marketing to identify segments and opportunities as required
- Data Cleansing investigation and updates
- Data pattern matching and ideation
- Always thinking of recovery (e.g. how to revert if a data update goes wrong - backups!)
- Team work
- Work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Production and Fulfillment teams to enable experimentation - how we can best use the data to improve our user and customer experience
- Strong communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- Building and designing large-scale applications
- Database architecture and data warehousing
- Data modeling and mining
- Database solution languages, especially SQL, as well as Cassandra, and Bigtable
- Experience with Analytics and Data tracking
- Deep understanding of technology
- Flexible and focussed on solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and self-sufficient
- NodeJS skills a bonus
- Remote working - work from anywhere within Europe (we value team collaboration which means we need to be awake at the same time)
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Bali
We are changing software development.
A lot of companies manage software according to 20th Century practices, with 20th Century software results. We are helping companies to shift away from projects, which deliver outputs, to product teams, who are responsible for business outcomes.
We deliver this through our conferences and training offerings which provide motivating case studies from companies who have made the shift as well as the skills and knowledge required to adopt better ways of working.
Our key event has grown from zero to over 1,500 attendees in four years, with a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers.
We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at connect at uxdx.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent