What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a highly ambitious, results-driven, self-motivated designer who wants to own and lead the brand and corporate design for our company brand - conferences, website, community and training courses. The role is key for creating a distinctive and unique identity for UXDX that communicates our key brand and messaging. You'll partner with Marketing, Training and Community team members to create a compelling vision for our audience.
Whats in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. You could join a large organisation where things move slowly and you have limited responsibilities / ability to stretch yourself or you could join UXDX and take the responsibility and ownership that you want. Be warned though that this is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- Help guide our overall strategy through design, prototyping, and market research.
- Partner closely with marketing to communicate brand value.
- Complete the re-design of our main website with a mobile first flow
- Create a living style guide with the development team to enable the quick component creation
- Create designs for social media promotion and blog content
- Assist with the stage design and venue layout
- Create unique designs to help visualise design and development concepts
- Consistency of design approach across all content
- Create a company wide style guide to communicate brand values and design approach
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
- Team work
- Work closely with our Sales, Production, Marketing, IT and Fulfillment teams.
- Strong communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience creating design systems / design portfolio that is consistent across multiple mediums
- Digital design skills including web design, content layout and illustration
- Attention to detail
- Experiment Mindset
- Everyone has an opinion - how can you prove that your design ideas are working.
- Test ideas - if they work then double down
- Ability to articulate the intent behind a design
- Interest in UX and user flow to better design website
- Open to Feedback
- Remote working - work from anywhere within Europe/ Africa (we value team collaboration which means we need to be awake at the same time)
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Bali
We are changing software development. A lot of companies manage software according to 20th Century practices, with 20th Century software results. We are helping companies to shift away from projects, which deliver outputs, to product teams, who are responsible for business outcomes. We deliver this through our conferences and training offerings which provide motivating case studies from companies who have made the shift as well as the skills and knowledge required to adopt better ways of working. Our key event has grown from zero to over 1,500 attendees in four years, with a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers. We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at connect at uxdx.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent