What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a talented individual who is up for a challenge in a growing company. You will be responsible for planning events globally, sourcing speakers and venues on the day for our conferences around the world. You will have direct support from our head of operations when required but you will be given the space to demonstrate your skill and drive.
What's in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. We run events in 10 different countries each year and we're looking to streamline our processes for replication and grow even further. In addition to running the events you will be responsible for creating efficient and repeatable processes to enable delegation of event management and scaling of our community events, working with the local community to fast-track processes. You will get a lot more responsibility and ownership than in traditional companies, which is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work and commitment.
- Speaker Sourcing and Management
- Sourcing great speakers globally -cross connecting for multiple events
- Researching content and understanding audience needs to figure out what appeals to the audience
- Venue Management
- Sourcing venues for our community events
- Supplier sourcing and management
- Speaker, Partner and Attendee Fulfillment
- Speaker and Exhibitor communication and collation of exhibitor requirements
- Exhibitor brief prior to arriving at venue
- Resolving exhibitor issues during setup
- Community Management
- Build relationships with local community leaders
- Work with local community on sourcing the right speakers
- Researching the best companies in those cities that will attract a world-class lineup
- Use community as never would have
- Supplier Management
- A/V management
- Photographer & videographer management
- Catering management
- Furniture management
- Gift and contract deal engagement
- Budget management
- Sourcing and managing volunteers
- Critical path monitoring
- After project reporting
- Team work
- Work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Production and Fulfillment teams.
- We are a startup - you may need to help out where needed
- Strong communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience managing a number of different events, particularly conference / exhibition style events
- Strong event and project planning skills
- Able to handle complex events - there are lots of moving parts, multi-tasking is crucial
- Organised and self-sufficient
- Flexible and able to think on your feet - things go wrong on the day - you need to be able to solve issues as they arise
- Excellent communication skills
- From a personality and work ethic point of view candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated.
- Remote working - work from anywhere within Europe (we value team collaboration which means we need to be awake at the same time)
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Bali
We are changing software development. A lot of companies manage software according to 20th Century practices, with 20th Century software results. We are helping companies to build better software products, faster - from startups like Revolut, to Spotifyto large companies like Google, IBM etc. We deliver this through our conferences and training offerings which provide motivating case studies from companies who have made the shift as well as the skills and knowledge required to adopt better ways of working. Our key event has grown from zero to over 1,500 attendees in four years, with a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers. We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at connect at uxdx.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent