What we're looking for
UXDX is seeking a highly ambitious, results-driven, self-motivated community manager to own and coordinate UXDX's global community events and activities. The UXDX Community events are half day events run in cities globally based around the UXDX framework. The format is similar to a meetup style event but they are a little longer and we pride ourselves on the quality of the content. We are changing software delivery and we can't do it on our own. The community is key to growing our message, our approach and ultimately our success.
What's in it for you?
This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a young, but fast growing company. You will be working directly with the company directors and helping to set the strategy for the company. This is a brand new role in our team so it is a unique opportunity to make it truly your own and grow it from the ground up. In a large organisation you have limited responsibilities / ability to stretch yourself but with UXDX you have the opportunity to take the responsibility and ownership that you want. Be warned though that this is a double edged sword - your career progression will be quicker, but it will require a lot of hard work and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- Event Management
- You will be responsible for the community event portfolio, managing multiple community events globally
- Sourcing venues - we usually host in offices like Zendesk, Zalando, WeWork etc.
- Sourcing speakers
- Keeping brand quality throughout each event.
- Community Building
- Identify digital and social groups / communities that align with our offering
- Work with the local community in each city to identify and build relationships with local leaders, who will be our brand ambassadors in key cities
- Create and moderate a UXDX community (E.g. Slack channel)
- Invite key community members to contribute to the UXDX content library
- Manage direct communication with our audience via our on-site chat
- Source Speakers from great local talent, working with local audiences to find out the best speakers and companies
- Community Scaling
- Create processes and documentation outlining how to run a community event to ensure consistently great events
- Work with Marketing, IT and Sales to build a scalable speaker request and on-boarding process
- Team work
- Work closely with our Production team to share feedback on speakers as high-quality speakers from the community events are invited to speak at our main event
- Work closely with our Sales team to identify potential sponsors for community events
- Strong communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- You build relationships and rapport easily
- You have a natural persuasive ability to sell an idea, you're creative at heart, confident and articulate
- You understand business value and finding the value to the other person
- You are naturally socially-driven - sharing posts, communicating online comes naturally
- Drive and motivation is second nature to you, you love challenges and change. You strive in a collaborative, flexible environment - you think of the team and how your efforts could help them
- Experiment Mindset
- Everyone has an opinion - how can you prove that your community ideas are working.
- Small tests - if they work then double down
- You are quick to execute on tasks
- Ability to convert your tasks to a process so that it can be replicated and scaled
- You look at solving problems - firefighting is often a reality of a high growth company testing limits
- Start-up experience is a real bonus - experience with juggling many balls
- Remote working - work from anywhere within Europe/ Africa (we value team collaboration which means we need to be awake at the same time)
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Bali
We are changing software development. A lot of companies manage software according to 20th Century practices, with 20th Century software results. We are helping companies to shift away from projects, which deliver outputs, to product teams, who are responsible for business outcomes. We deliver this through our conferences and training offerings which provide motivating case studies from companies who have made the shift as well as the skills and knowledge required to adopt better ways of working. Our key event has grown from zero to over 1,500 attendees in four years, with a core audience profile of UX researchers, UI designers, developers and product managers. We've been growing a lot - but we're just getting started!
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at connect at uxdx.com - Include the role's title in your subject line and send along anything that you think would put you above the crowd.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent