Building a relationship with the media can be enjoyable and really improve your profile however you always need to be aware of what you say and how you say it as anything can be taken out of context.
A lot of companies media train their staff but for those who don't have that option we will be looking at the key things to be aware of when working with the media and when representing your company.
- How to handle media interviews
- What to answer and what to avoid
- Techniques for different media
- Planning and understanding the message you want to convey
- Confirming with your company what can and can't be discussed
- Detailed understanding of media landscape
- Learn how to handle the media
- Sticking to the your message and not get sidetracked
- How to get an upfront understanding of the interview
- Understand the do's and don't is different for each company