Terms & Conditions
Personal data means any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person (the data subject). The data subject can be identified directly or indirectly by: name, identification number, location data, online identifiers, factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
How We Collect Information
These are the ways in which we collect your data. If you:
- fill out a survey or form requesting or providing your opinion
- register or sign up on our website, mobile app
- have been identified as a relevant demographic on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- subscribe to our newsletter or communications
- purchase or receive a conference ticket from someone
- correspond with us via email, letter, social media
Information We Collect
We collect personal information through the means listed in the "How We Collect Your Information" paragraph above. This information includes:
- email address
- employment details
- telephone numbers
- work, billing and home address(if applicable)
- date of birth
- social media details
- tax identification or VAT Number (if applicable)
- personal preferences related to conferences
Non Personal Information
Non-personal information such as demographic data regarding your IP address is collected from all of our website visitors on a cumulative basis. This type of anonymous statistical data cannot be used to identify or contact you.
When you agree for a cookie to be placed on your hard drive, the cookie may save your personal preferences so you do not have to constantly re-enter them, or it may provide you with preferential content.
Why We Save Your Information
Having information about our community is essential for us to properly identify our customers' needs. When we understand our visitors' and customers' needs, we can provide them with a more relevant service through preferred channels.
When we process your information we may use it for one or all of the following reasons. To:
- provide you with the product/service you have requested
- contact you in relation to the product/service that we thinks is relevant
- send promotional emails about new offers or services which we think may be of benefit to you
- customise the website in accordance with your preferences
- respond to any communications we may receive from you
- For internal record keeping
- Analyse and use the data for targeted advertising communications
- Perform mathematical and statistical analysis of my personal data for advertising purposes
We may also supplement the data that you provide with additional data from public domain or private sources. We may use this enhanced data for the same purposes listed above.
Restricting the Use of your Personal Information
All direct contact with you will include an unsubscribe link. If you wish to be removed from the attendee list you may contact us at any time at [email protected] should you wish to be removed.
Opting out? - Tell us what you want
All contact with you that's for marketing purposes will include an unsubscribe link. We don't believe in bombarding people and we ask you to guide us with your preferences if we contact you too much or too little.
It should be assumed that all attendees of UXDX will be listed on our website to enable all attendees to identify people they would like to meet with and improve the networking experience for everyone at the conference, this excludes any contact information. If you wish to be removed from the attendee list contact us at any time at [email protected] should you wish to be removed.
Personal contact information will not be disclosed on the website or to any third parties unless we have your permission - you are in control of this through the event app. We will provide you with details of any information you have asked to share with 3rd parties if you request it.
We may make non-personal information available to third parties, such as Google Analytics, to enable reporting on website visits and behaviours.
We do have external links to third party websites, for example links to our partners or speakers websites, which are visibly defined as such throughout the website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these other websites.
We will provide your personal information if we are required to by any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court order or other statutory requirement.
Right of Erasure
You have a right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased, in the case that we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining the data. For this request, please follow the procedure as outlined in the paragraph above entitled "Right of Access". Please note there is no fee for this request and we shall comply within 30 days of the receipt of such a request.
Under GDPR Guidelines, you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data. Should you wish to access this information, get in touch and we will respond within 30 days. You will be entitled to receive a copy of your personal data in printed, oral or electronic format as per your own specific preference - if using an alternative email to what we have on file, you'll be asked to send a copy of your passport/driver licence.
Our preferred method to communicate is through email to [email protected] but you can write to us at 6 Swift House, Ardilaun Court, Patrick Street, Dublin 8, Ireland or call us on +353 1 598 1838.
In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to charge a "reasonable fee" to cover administrative charges, for example where the request involves the gathering of large amounts of data. Under GDPR, we can refuse a request for access where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example if a person asks us to view their data on a weekly or monthly basis or we do not have any data on the person and the individual repeatedly asks.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Information is compromised.
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Our policy is that we do not hold credit card details, unless you consent to retain details to ease future transactions.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
All purchases of tickets for conferences and events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of UXDX, Socially Motivated Limited and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or event the liability of Socially Motivated Limited is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation or attendee to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to UXDX or its affiliates without the express prior permission and cooperation of Socially Motivated Limited. In the event of breach of these terms any tickets purchased by the organiser and their affiliates will be rendered null and void. Socially Motivated Limited reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms if applicable) are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
You Can't Resell your Ticket
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout. Socially Motivated Limited reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
Socially Motivated Limited will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited.
Socially Motivated Limited will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of Socially Motivated Limited's negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
Socially Motivated Limited will not be liable for the granting of any VISAs that are required to attend any event or conference. In the event that an attendee's VISA is not granted tickets will not be refunded for any event or conference.
In the event that the purchaser is a consumer and to whom the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83/ EU) applies, the consumer would be entitled to a cooling off period of fourteen days which would begin on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
For questions about registration, assistance with any registration or problems, please contact us at [email protected] or use the chat tool on this website.
Event Cancellation, Postponement & Substitution Policy
Socially Motivated Limited is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. Socially Motivated Limited shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Socially Motivated Limited reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information - such as attendee name - before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event.
Irish law governs these terms and conditions and any dispute are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- No transport of any kind will be provided to or from any event or conference location.
- You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
- Socially Motivated Ltd shall be entitled to delegate the provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms. You agree not to:
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website/Mobile App (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
- Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website/mobile app (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website/Mobile App. We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website/Mobile App; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website/Mobile App; and/ or complaints relating to the Website/Mobile App and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website/Mobile App).
Limitation of Liability
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website/mobile app, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website/Mobile App is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website/Mobile App, or products or services offered on the Website/Mobile App whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website/Mobile App and any information provided to or taken from the Website/Mobile App by you.
The Organisers and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of the Organisers negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website/mobile app, or use by any other person accessing the website/mobile app using your pc or internet access account.
Intellectual Property and Rights to Use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website/Mobile App shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website/Mobile App and the content in the Website/Mobile App.
This page was last reviewed / amended by Catherine Madden, 22/01/2017